Welcome to my newest passion project, youngbrokeandglamorous.com! A fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog for the young (and young at heart) beauty lovers on a budget, but love all things GLAM! ✨ In the midst of all the chaos that’s been going on lately my mind has been thinking nonstop of creative ideas and I figured what better time than NOW to put them into action. If you’ve been following me for awhile you might have come across my youtube channel, which I started to share my love of makeup. I kept it under wraps for awhile because frankly, I was afraid of what people in my real life would think. But then I realized if you’re ever going to do anything in life, you have to commit to it 100% and be fearless of judgment… if you do that you might actually realize there are other people out there who have similar interests and want to see what you are creating. I heard a quote once that the only people who are judging you are doing less than you, so don’t ever let fear stop you from living the best version of yourself!
Looping back to my idea of starting a blog… I’ve been following a lot of beauty and lifestyle influencers on instagram and I noticed how they do it all, posting across multiple social platforms – and I thought to myself, I can do that too! The next day I registered youngbrokeandglamorous.com after brainstorming a slew of potential names and this one just stuck. I spent the next two weeks outside of my full time job building the site you see here and told NO ONE. Sometimes your creative ideas are best executed with no outside opinions. As a kid I used to build websites for fun, I actually ran a blog for many years and I remember how much joy it brought me (though I hope that this one has a few more readers 😂). With that said, welcome! I hope you enjoy my rambles and love of all things beauty and fashion. Now that my brain child is born, here is my first post:
Admittedly, I haven’t worn a stitch of makeup since I started quarantine…but I’ve been obsessed with finding the perfect lip balm. So I thought I’d share with you my top 5 favorite lip products during quarantine, Myspace edition:
- Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Lip Treatment $21; okay hear me out… I know this first product is a little pricey but it’s new from Too Faced and I feel like I just discovered my holy grail lip treatment. I’m not lying when I say YOU NEED THIS. I’m picky when it comes to lip balms and I had to try this when I heard it was sold out everywhere. It definitely lives up to the hype and it’s currently in stock at Ulta. Plus you get so much product that it will last you forever and slightly makes the price tag feel less painful. I know buying a lip balm isn’t the most exciting thing in the world, but once you have a good one you’ll see what I mean. Unfortunately the bling doesn’t come included.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy $1.79; if you’re not looking to splurge on a fancy chapstick (I’ve been there, I get it), my tried and true is good ol’ Vaseline. Seriously. During the winter months NOTHING else could keep my lips from flaking. I’m an avid lipstick wearer and let’s be real, nothing’s worse than crusty butthole lips (lol). No matter what I do after a day of wearing liquid lipstick it’s like the life has been sucked out of them and this brings them back to soft and hydrated. Plus they come in these cute travel sized containers you can throw in your purse (bling also not included). Once you have the container you can keep refilling it from the larger size product to save $$$
- C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine & Supreme 2X Lip Balm $7.50; this product brings me WAY back. My favorite lipgloss of all time was the Cinnamint Lip Shine in high school. I bought one a few years back for nostalgia purposes and OH MY GOSH I forgot how good they are. I know some people debate about having peppermint in lip products, but this is the only gloss that has ever soothed my lips as if it was a lip balm. I bought these two at Bath and Body Works (plus there’s always a coupon) and while I was sad they didn’t have Cinnamint I was able to track it down on C.O. Bigelow’s website 😉. They have tinted ones too if that’s your jam, personally I think purple is a surprisingly flattering natural flush on everyone. Seriously, try a gloss or balm with a purple tint!
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy $26; this one might be the priciest lip balm of all time, but you know how some things are worth the price and some aren’t? Yeah, this one is 1000% worth it. This is more of a lip conditioner than a chapstick and I typically try to conserve mine by only wearing it at night… but man it sure is luxurious and makes me feel bougie wearing it. If you’re looking to splurge Sephora is having their Spring sale starting 4/17 for VIB Rouge 4/21 for VIB and 4/23 for Beauty Insider and you can get 10-20% off depending on your status. The sale runs until the end of the month and I always wait to buy my staples or pricier products until then!
- Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy Balm with SPF 25 $8; this one is a last minute addition that I just thought of when typing this but it was that important to include. If you’re looking for a high-end lip balm at a low-end drugstore price this is your winner. It’s gotta be the cheapest thing sold at Sephora and surprisingly a must-have. This is a true balm with ZERO SHINE so if you want the hydration with a natural look this one will just give you a nice, flattering sheen. AND it has SPF!! If there’s one thing I could shout from the rooftops it’s WEAR SPF!! And not just on your face, your lips too. This one is an all round must have.