Hello my glamorous quarantine babes, it’s another weekend and this post is a fun one because I went ham at the Sephora sale — oops! It’s officially May, my birthday month and favorite of the year! 🎉 Stay tuned for all things #quarantinebirthday 😉. I’m writing this as my dad is BBQing outside and I’m about to make some guacamole, yum! One silver lining I can take from being in quarantine for over a month now is being able to spend time with my family. I can’t think of another time in my life I’ll be able to do this. It almost feels like I’ve been on a vacation (one where you can’t go anywhere and I’m still working, but still). A girl could get used to this work from home thing and at this point my set up is almost better than at my actual office! Other than eating, eating, and more eating I have some fun, easy, and cheap DIY projects coming up that I can’t wait to share! For now, let’s get into the products! All items marked full price but I was able to snag 20% off during the Sephora Spring sale 👏
- Tarte Seawater Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in 22N Light Neutral, $39; I’m a huge fan of water based foundations that come with a dropper applicator. I picked this one up because it reminded me of the No7 Airbrush Away Foundation. I really like that the Tarte one has SPF! This will give you a very natural look that isn’t heavy. Either I’m quarantine pale right now or these run slightly darker than I expected, but it wears nicely and holds throughout the day.
- Nudestix Nudies Tinted Blur Stick in Light 2, $30; I discovered this gem from one of my favorite beauty bloggers Emily Ann Gemma, she mentioned it in her Sephora haul and I was immediately interested. I’ve used other blur sticks in the past that were very difficult to apply but this one does not have a harsh application at all. It’s very creamy and glides on nicely. I will say I wish it was a little bigger, for the price the product is pretty small (.22 oz, I need more for my blurring needs)! However, with that being said, this works amazing for discoloration, pores, and texture. It’s very lightweight and can be worn alone for a “no makeup” day and you will have a your-skin-but-better airbrushed complexion.
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream, $20 mini, $40 full size; Let me start by saying I’ve been seeing the hype around this product for the last year and lotion is not typically my Achilles heel. However this smells PHENOMENAL, and not in a — gross – coconut kinda way. I always thought it would be a coconut scent since people keep describing it as a vacation in a jar. In fact I’m going to look up the fragrance notes now… it’s described as warm & spicy with keynotes of salted caramel, pistachio, and vanilla. The ONLY bad reviews I saw were people saying the scent was TOO strong and lingered. It reminded me of a time where I was shopping for heels online and saw bad review for heels that were TOO HIGH. Agree to disagree! This is one of those signature smells I could never get tired of. Trust me on this one.
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance, $19 mini, $32 full size; I ended up buying the mini body spray so I could have the smell without wasting the lotion and this is one of those rare times I would say buying the mini gives you enough product to be worth it. I tend to get spray happy with perfumes and there’s something so refreshing about body sprays. I can’t get enough of this scent!
- Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush, $20; I’m actually offended and how small these are hahaha.. seriously just look at them compared to the bronzer. With that being said, the product is up to par with Fenty standards. They blend effortlessly and I appreciate the loud out-of-the-box colors. I picked up Bikini Martini for a fun hot pink and Rosé Latte as a perfect everyday color. If you’re looking to try something different pick up one of the unique colors and you’ll be pleasantly surprised that they can be blended out to a nice wearable color. If you’re new to cream blush and $20 is too steep for you I suggest checking out the Colourpop Super Shock Blush for $8!
- Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer, $15 mini, $30 full size; I’m not typically huge on primer but I picked up the mini size of this to see what all the hype is about. Don’t let the half price fool you, you get much less than half of the product. I should have known better really but since primer isn’t my thing I didn’t want to spring for the full size. The first thing that people mentioned was that this was very sticky, and I’m here to tell you that it isn’t a Tatcha Silk Primer but it isn’t unpleasant feeling. Unlike smoothing primers this will actually prep and HOLD everything in place.
- Milk Makeup Vegan Milk Moisturizer, $38; OH MY GAHH just as the post title says, don’t sleep on this!! DRY SKIN TYPES REJOICE!! This has a super thick consistency for ultimate hydration with squalene, grapeseed oil, shea butter, aragan milk, fig milk, oat milk, desert milk… all the milk to calm your desert Sahara face. I have no idea what desert milk is but call me intrigued 😂. Apparently it’s plant extracts from desert thriving plants all bottled into one youth preserving face milk. I’m in. I was hesitant to jump because of the price but let me tell you a little goes A LONG way and this one will last you. It’s a perfect night moisturizer & also unscented so if you have sensitive skin you don’t have to worry about fragrance irritation. It melts right in to dehydrated skin and leaves you feeling fresh and plump, hello!
- Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Highlight & Contour Palette, $45; I never used to be big on palettes of anything but now I can’t get enough. It’s so easy to travel and have so many options without putting in too much thought into what you’re bringing. All of the options are there right in front of you so it takes the work out of it! I saw this product in store and it was stunning! However after I got my delivery it took me a minute to realize this was missing from the box! I reached out to Sephora immediately via Twitter and within 24 hours (today, SUNDAY) they had a shipping confirmation out for my missing item! Bravo Sephora! Unfortunately I don’t have a first impression review for this one since I haven’t tried it yet!