It’s been a week since we last spoke and I made a promise to myself I would update this space frequently. While we’re on the topic of self goals I’d like to share a few of mine (to keep myself accountable):
- Blog post at least 1x per week (if not more frequently, but for the sake of quality I’m leaving it at once per week)
- Instagram 1x per day
- Gym 1x per day; run 1 mile minimum (ideally a full workout with weights, etc)
Now that my perfectionism is at bay with my blog layout rebrand (I think), I’m working on consistency and so far I’ve been holding myself accountable. I’ve been trying to figure out what direction to take my posts in and I’m leaning away from beauty blog and more toward personal, relatable blog posts. I don’t want to feel like my blog is pushing products but more of following the person behind the account; my experiences, my thoughts, day to day life, and whatever else I choose to share that’s going on in this brain of mine. A memoir of chaotic thoughts. Welcome to the ride.
As I’m writing this I am absolutely dreading going to the gym but I’m going to get my 1 mile in immediately after I’m done with this post so I can get on with my day. I figure, even if I run 1 mile per day and do nothing else, at the end of the week that’s 7 MILES I would have otherwise NEVER ran (trust me, never).
I don’t have the most cohesive, life changing blog for you today, but I will leave you with some advice I try to give myself daily: wake up and tell yourself today is going to be the best day ever. Even if it’s not. Even if everything is falling apart, not going as planned, and you have no idea what the hell you’re doing. Manifest that shit into existence.
Things that made me excited this week:
- One word: MIDNIGHTS. If you asked me to pick a favorite song I couldn’t. I’ve been listening to the entire album on repeat and forcing my boyfriend to do the same (love you). I also bought way more merch than I care to admit (Taylor you capitalistic queen, you)
- Dutch Bros Coffee. I swear I’m not typically a high maintenance coffee orderer but a worker recommended this drink the first time I was there and I swear by it: Half pumpkin & salted caramel half vanilla chai with oat milk and cinnamon & nutmeg sprinkles. I get mine half sweet (trust me). I could live solely off that and Texas Roadhouse bread with cinnamon butter for the rest of my life.
- These shoes are finally back in stock after I saw them a year ago and I hit buy so quickly