Sometimes spending more money does not mean superior quality, in fact, some of my holy grail products are found at the drugstore! Drugstore products are a far cry of what they used to be – many of these brands are launching products that are comparable to high-end, if not better! Amazing product at an affordable price? What’s not to love! Without further ado, here are my top 5 favorite drugstore products that you need, NOW!
- Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick, $7.98; This is hands down my favorite drugstore liquid lipstick of all time. IT’S SO GOOD. This formula rivals most high-end liquid lipsticks I’ve tried – it wears for an entire day and fades evenly without looking crazy! Have you ever been on a date and worried the entire time about what you’re going to order because of your lipstick? Nothing is worse than taking a bite of food and having your lipstick transfer onto your face, or constantly being worried that it’s faded unsightly.
This formula is a thin, slightly mousse-like consistency that keeps your lips hydrated all day long while it stays put. It won’t crack or flake and it doesn’t feel like you’ve put cement on your lips like some liquid lipsticks can. 10/10 recommend. Every makeup enthusiast needs one (or a few) of these in their makeup bag
- Maybelline Lifter Lip Gloss with Hyaluronic Acid, $6.98; I went from being completely disinterested in lip gloss to fully embracing the 90s nostalgia overnight. When I first saw this launch from Maybelline I was immediately interested that hyaluronic acid was a major selling point of this product. Like most of us in quarantine, I’ve completely fallen in love with Skincare by Hyram and I spend a lot of my time researching complex skincare ingredients I can barely pronounce.
Spoiler alert, this formula did not disappoint. It’s completely non-sticky and reminds me more of a lip treatment than a lip gloss. My lips feel smooth and hydrated while still getting that shiny finish. I’m obsessed. This formula is comparable to Fenty Gloss Bomb with a price tag that warrants buying more than one 😉
- L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation with SPF 17, $10.99; This is my (and probably many other’s) O.G. holy grail drugstore foundation. My only qualm with it is that it doesn’t come with a pump (why?!) but I’m willing to overlook that because the formula is THAT amazing. For reference, I’m shade N1 Soft Ivory and N2 Classic Ivory with a tan.
This formula has medium buildable coverage that looks completely natural on the skin. It has hydrating all day wear and I never have to worry if something crazy is happening with my foundation when I wear it, which I wish I could say with all foundations!
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Bite Size Eyeshadow Palette, $3; E.l.f. is really stepping up their game lately and this recent launch was such a success that they have also expanded to blush and highlight Bite Size Duos. At this beyond affordable price point you’d think the formula would be a miss – WRONG. These shadows are both pigmented and blendable. The mattes are not patchy and the shimmers pack enough punch to make your inner eye corner POP!
E.l.f. is a force to be reckoned with launching this product.These are travel friendly and the colors selected in each mini palette compliment each other nicely for a perfected curated look on the go! Oh, and did I mention they’re only $3?! THREE DOLL HAIRS. Run, don’t walk to your nearest drugstore and pick up one of these. You will not be disappointed. Even if you don’t find yourself reaching for eye shadow often (hello, quarantine), these are so easy I find myself grabbing them often for a quick seamless look that requires minimal time and effort.
- NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Mauve, $4; If you’re looking for the perfect Kylie Jenner lip at an affordable price, this is it. I learned about this product from one of my favorite Youtubers, Amber Scholl, and I quickly adopted it as one of my go-to lip liners. Personally, I prefer to wear lip liner all over the lip in lieu of lipstick because it lasts all day and does not transfer. My boyfriend appreciates it too 😂
The only downfall of this liner is that it is not retractable so you need to have a sharpener handy, which is a negative for some due to convenience but also a plus for sanitation. The formula is soft but it does not crumble and I’ve never had the liner break at the base like with some retractable ones!! This color is perfect for the office or brunch with the girls, an everyday staple!